[Buildroot] Buildroot 2012.02-rc1 released

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Feb 12 22:33:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

Buildroot 2012.02-rc1 is released - Go download it at:

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2012.02-rc1.tar.gz

or

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2012.02-rc1.tar.bz2

Or get it from Git:

git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot

Like usual for the February releases, we're a bit late because of
FOSDEM, where we had a developer day. Expect a report from the day
soon.

Please give it a spin and report any problems to the mailing list or
bug tracker. Many thanks to the people contributing to this release:

git shortlog -s -n 2011.11..

   170  Peter Korsgaard
    86  Gustavo Zacarias
    39  Yegor Yefremov
    38  Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind)
    33  Thomas Petazzoni
    18  Will Newton
    12  Daniel Mack
    10  Thomas De Schampheleire
     9  Sven Neumann
     7  Maxime Ripard
     5  Alexandre Belloni
     4  Luca Ceresoli
     4  Sagaert Johan
     2  Felipe Contreras
     2  Frank Hunleth
     2  Frederik Pasch
     2  H Hartley Sweeten
     2  Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD
     2  Julien Boibessot
     1  ANDY KENNEDY
     1  Bernhard Reutner-Fischer
     1  Daniele Salvatore Albano
     1  Henri Bragge
     1  Lukasz Pulka
     1  Samuel MARTIN
     1  Sergio Prado
     1  Shawn J. Goff
     1  Trevor Woerner
     1  Tristan Lelong
     1  Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal
     1  Yann E. MORIN

It's nice to see contributions from lots of new people in addition to
the "oldtimers". This time I'm again ahead of Gustavo with almost 2x
commits ;)

It has been a quite busy development cycle, with more than 450
commits, and a number of large scale changes.

Of noteworthy new features we have:

 - Large number of new packages (50): Connman & NetworkManager, EFL,
   Jquery related javascript libraries, kmod, lttng and a number of
   python packages.

 - Default to GCC 4.5.x / Binutils 2.22 / uClibc 0.9.33 for the
   internal toolchain.

 - Support for SCP and mercurial package sources. Host dependencies
   are now derived from target ones by default.

 - Packages can now define device table snippets for special
   permissions / device nodes when static /dev is used.

 - Updated documentation. The generated Asciidoc documenation is now
   included in tarballs in text/html/pdf format.

 - Additional QEMU defconfigs, at91 defconfigs updated and lpc3250
   configs added.

 - Host utilities menu with commonly used host tools.

And the usual package version updates and bug fixes. See the CHANGES
file for details:

http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/plain/CHANGES?id=2012.02_rc1

Just like last cycle, I will now create a next branch and start
merging in new feature, rather than wait until 2012.02 is released.

Enjoy!

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard