[Buildroot] Report of buildroot developer meeting (Oct 26-27 2013, Edinburgh)
arnout at mind.be
Mon Nov 11 21:43:23 UTC 2013
I finally added the report of the BR developer meeting to the wiki. You
can find it at http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2013
Feel free to ask the attendees for clarifications if necessary.
Here is a summary of the conclusions of the meeting.
* Google Summer of Code: this first project was a mixed success, but we
will do it again next year.
* Community organization:
- Maintainers should take patches in ready-to-commit branches and send
them out to the list, and update patchwork to supersede the patches you
- Peter should force decisions on major changes when he is asked to.
- Yann will add a feature to patchwork that makes Acked-by tags visible
in the front-end web and pwclient interface.
- We will continue the weeding of old patches with bi-weekly request
- We will try to get a "new contributor" to work on a checkpackage script.
* We can probably remove the experimental tag from (e)glibc.
* The BR2_EXTERNAL patches will be accepted (after some more
modifications). The directory hierarchy in the external tree will be
forced to follow the patches/, configs/ and board/ structure (though the
board/ is of course not forced).
* We will start adding 'demo' configs (i.e. non-minimal configs) in the
configs/ directory. They may move to another place later.
* We will add test cases in the support/test directory.
* Support for maintaining package patches using quilt or git will be
added when someone contributes scripts for it.
* Config.in.legacy will be kept as it is now, until someone contributes a
script that automatically updates .config instead.
* We won't do anything for SPDX support for the time being. Only if a
package carries a license that is not in our current list, we can use the
SPDX shortname for it.
* Yann will adapt and re-send the instrumentation patches.
* The parallel top-level make patches will be accepted, except the one
that removes .NOTPARALLEL.
Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect +32-16-286500
G.Geenslaan 9, 3001 Leuven, Belgium BE 872 984 063 RPR Leuven
LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/arnoutvandecappelle
GPG fingerprint: 7CB5 E4CC 6C2E EFD4 6E3D A754 F963 ECAB 2450 2F1F
More information about the buildroot