[Buildroot] Buildroot developer meeting report

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Wed Oct 22 12:55:58 UTC 2014

 Hi all,

 Just before ELC-E in Duesseldorf, on October 11 and 12, we had a Buildroot
Developer Meeting (sponsored by Mind, yay!). You can find the report on the wiki:

http://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2014#Discussion_topics_and_report

 Some highlights:

* We mainly used this time to clean up patchwork. We didn't keep exact
statistics, but the number of patches was reduced from roughly 350 to roughly
250, and a significant number of patches have been reviewed and/or reposted.

* There were a few important large series that were discussed and eventually
applied.

* We have taken a decision on how to deal with atomic operations, with missing
license files, with march/mcpu/mtune conflicts, and we have decided to leave the
package name out of patch file names. Some of these things have been
implemented, some are still to do.

* We discussed the GSoC project which wasn't successful this year. We'll try
again next year.

 If there is any further point of discussion or a conclusion that you don't
agree with, feel free to start a discussion here on the list or on IRC.

 Regards,
 Arnout