[Buildroot] Email list volume

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Aug 9 08:48:55 UTC 2015

Bernd,

On Sun, 09 Aug 2015 10:18:50 +0200, Bernd Kuhls wrote:

> what about creating a second newsgroup for commit messages only? Patches
> should still be sent to this newsgroup and the discussion takes place
> here.

I think this has been discussed in past Buildroot meetings, and the
general consensus so far (as far as I remember) is that having the
commit messages in the main mailing list is a good way of giving
visibility to what's going on. People can always create a filter to
move or remove git commit messages if they are really not interested in
seeing them.

That being said, the traffic on the list is high, so maybe we need to
do something about it. As Thomas DS proposed, maybe a summary of the
Git commits can be sent every day (while keeping the one mail per
commit thing for another mailing list, as you suggest).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons