[Buildroot] elf2flt .ARM.exidx and .ARM.extab section handling

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openadk.org
Fri Aug 28 15:02:03 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,
Thomas Petazzoni wrote,

> Dear Douglas RAILLARD,
>
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 15:15:34 +0200, Douglas RAILLARD wrote:
>
> > > Also, can you ask on the nommu.org mailing list
> > > (http://lists.nommu.org/listinfo/nommu) is they have a new official
> > > upstream location for elf2flt ?
> >
> > Sure
>
> In the mean time, Waldemar pointed to his own Git tree of elf2flt.
> Still, it would be great to have some kind of "official" upstream place
> for elf2flt development.

I think elf2flt from my GIT is the best you get ;)
The official CVS repository from uclinux project is down since
years. The uclinux project maintainer told me following:
http://mailman.uclinux.org/pipermail/uclinux-dev/2014-August/052560.html

No ETA.

As uClibc-ng is the only C library I know of, which is using BFLT,
it belongs to uClibc-ng and I will maintain it.

nommu.org focus is to use musl C library for at the moment sh2
target, which will _not_ use BFLT. It will use ELF with static PIE.
See here about some notes from Rich Felker:
http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2015/08/26/1

best regards
 Waldemar