[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2015-05-21

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri May 22 07:56:35 UTC 2015

Peter,

On Fri, 22 May 2015 09:20:09 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

>  > Build statistics for 2015-05-21
>  > ===============================
>
>  >         success : 293
>  >        failures : 8
>
> Wee, looks good!

Yeah!

> > Detail of failures
>  > ===================
>
>  >      powerpc |                  cdrkit-1.1.11 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/23af5e660dd5b1cc0dd274f8fa809e772245b028/
>
> Looks like a static linking issue. Unless somebody feels like digging
> into the cmake setup I'll simply mark it as !BR2_STATIC_LIBS.

No, it's not a CMake setup problem. It's once again a uClibc bug with
redefined symbols between libc.a and libpthread.a. For now, we should
add an exception to the autobuilders. Long term, we'll switch to
uClibc-ng, which has fixed those problems (and if not, with an upstream
that is responsive: we have reported such problems to uClibc since
years and they have never been fixed).

>  >      powerpc |        host-erlang-rebar-2.5.1 | TIM | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/7faece26b986e7db42472f6db66c137038573555/
>  >          arm |        host-erlang-rebar-2.5.1 | TIM | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/7d73337ad9b50cc04dbd3414d85d3d125ad4108d/
>  >          arm |        host-erlang-rebar-2.5.1 | TIM | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/739c4f448568eb6ba5ccffe8a075e0f797c7109b/
>
> The funky erlang issues on gcc75.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on.

>  >         i686 |                 ipmiutil-2.9.5 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/04a1c48d484debd7894fd32997ed50d3a0110b93/
>  >       x86_64 |                 ipmiutil-2.9.5 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/9accdfec87aa9922a4096b84a61a6e2dfd53561e/
>
> Gaah, more ipmiutil issues. I believe Yann is looking into this.

Ok, let's Yann have some fun. This package is causing a lot of
troubles, even though it's just some random not so complicated utility.

>  >         bfin |        opentyrian-9c9f0ec3532b | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/5d215b8895ac082002b38159beb94693a04a51bb/
>
> Sounds like a -lstdc++ issue with static linking. I'll try to find time
> to have a closer look.

Yes, that's it.

>  >         bfin |                      php-5.6.9 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/b4c0e62a2ce718cf4bfad0ce328c853dc0de7f11/
>
> Sounds like the php bump brough some extra architecture dependencies:
>
> /ssd1/thomas/autobuild/instance-1/output/build/php-5.6.9/ext/pcre/pcrelib/pcre_jit_compile.c:65:2: error: #error Unsupported architecture
>
> It apparently also breaks for arc:
>
> http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/641/6418b26140b16b6f04452a9b05431c392de04238/build-end.log
>
> I doubt there's a lot of php users on any of those archs, so perhaps we
> should just disable it there?

It's only the new PCRE JIT stuff that isn't available on all
architectures. There is a --disable-pcregrep-jit option in pcre to
disable it, but I'm not sure how to convince PHP to pass this down to
PCRE.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons