[Buildroot] scons and check

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:41:41 UTC 2015

Hi Sylvain,

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 5:03 PM, Sylvain Raybaud
<sylvain.raybaud at green-communications.fr> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to create a package for Galera, a library needed by mariadb
> galera cluster. It builds with scons. Galera depends on check so I
> created a package for this library too, which seems to build and
> install correctly.
>
> A few packages in buildroot already use scons (exfat, exfat-utils,
> benejson, gpsd). Their build commands look like this:
>
> FOO_SCONS_ENV = $(TARGET_CONFIGURE_OPTS)
> FOO_SCONS_OPTS = "prefix=/usr"
>
> define FOO_BUILD_CMDS
>         cd $(@D) && \
>          $(FOO_SCONS_ENV) \
>          CROSS=$(TARGET_CROSS) \
>          $(SCONS) $(FOO_SCONS_OPTS)
> endef
>
> So I wrote my .mk file the same way. However scons does not seem to
> find the Check library. Building galera fails with:
>
> Checking for C header file check.h... no
> Error: check header file not found or not usable
>
> and corresponding config.log shows a "check.h: file not found" error.

According to [1], you need to package check [2] in buildroot as well

> Now the disturbing thing is that it only happens when I build on a
> system on which check is not installed system-wise. If the build host
> has check installed, galera builds. Does this mean that scons uses
> host haeders instead of those provided by buildroot packages? Any idea
> how to make it behave properly?

It certainly means that galera will depend on host-check; I let you
check about the dependency on (target-) check.

[1] https://github.com/codership/galera/blob/3.x/README
[2] http://check.sourceforge.net/

Samuel