[Buildroot] Are these packages already present or easy to add?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri May 29 07:03:52 UTC 2015

Dear Oli Vogt,

On Fri, 29 May 2015 10:48:58 +1200, Oli Vogt wrote:

> There is a patch for python-smbus and as far as I know it is not committed
> yet. <http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2015-March/122280.html>
>
> I'm to busy to test it myself. All I have done is compile it successfully.

The patch you're pointing to is no longer needed. As Arnout said,
python-smbus is installed by the i2c-tools package, but the source code
of python-smbus is in i2c-tools.

The issue with the patch you're pointing to is that it was sharing
variables between python-smbus.mk and i2c-tools.mk, which is not
correct (relies on the assumption that i2c-tools.mk gets included
before python-smbus.mk, which is true because alphabetically they are
ordered properly, but the same strategy wouldn't work in the opposite
way).

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons