No subject

Thu Aug 17 01:58:45 UTC 2006

This seems to be due to an incompatibility between:
1) toolchain.../gcc-x.x.x/config/arm/linux-elf.h
2) toolchain.../binutils-x.x.x/ld/earmelf_linux_eabi.c

In 1) there is a setting TARGET_LINKER_EMULATION "armelf_linux"
In 2) there is a string (part of a struct initialiser) "armelf_linux_eabi"

so unless I can find matching strings in a version of gcc and ld,
buildroot will never be able to build a toolchain.

But 2) says the file is generated by a shell script, so maybe it's
that script which is to blame !
Or maybe I could just hack 1) to have the correct string.
<<

Don't know enough about how this works to fix the discrepancy ...
is there a missing setting (or patch) which should tell
gcc/config/arm/linux-elf.h to append 'eabi' onto the end
of its 'armelf-linux' string ?

Regards,
MikeW