[Buildroot] Exception support

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmx.de
Thu Aug 31 07:05:18 UTC 2006

ON Thursday 31 August 2006 00:23 Ed Swierk wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmx.de> wrote:
> > is there a way to get a toolchain built for i686, that supports C++
> > exceptions?
>
> I've got C++ exceptions working with gcc 4.1.1 by enabling
> BR2_GCC_USE_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS in my buildroot configuration,

This seems to work. Btw, it took me a while to find out what 'sjlj' stands
for :)

> and changing --disable-__cxa_atexit to --enable-__cxa_atexit in
> gcc-uclibc-3.x.mk.

I tried setting --enable-__cxa_atexit as an extra gcc option, but got an
undefined reference afterwards.

> Apparently it is even possible to get stack unwinding to work, but I
> have not tried it myself. See the thread beginning at
> http://uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2006-August/016090.html .

I know this thread, but it is unclear to me how to force usage of stack
unwinding. unwind-dw2-fde.o seems not to work (that's why I started this
thread). Now, if I edit toolchain/gcc/4.1.1/100-uclibc-conf.patch to not
change LIB2ADDEH, then unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.o is built (and would be used),
but it contains an undefined reference to dl_iterate_phdr.