[Buildroot] Grub not working?

Alexander Rigbo alexander.rigbo at acgnystrom.se
Wed Dec 13 12:03:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm making a small system for a pc/104 computer, but i'm having some troubles
with grub.
Grub is built and installed to my root, but i can't use it to install the
bootloader to MBR. See following output:

grub> root (hd0,1)
grub> setup (hd0)
 Checking if "/boot/grub/stage1" exists... no
 Checking if "/grub/stage1" exists... no

Error 15: File not found

But, on hda2 (my root partition) i have:

[root at uclibc grub]# ls -l /boot/grub/stage1
-rwxr-xr-x     1 root      root             512 Dec 13 03:25 /boot/grub/stage1

What can this be?
Grub bug? uClibc bug? buildroot? my fault (most likely though)?

Alexander