[Buildroot] toolchains and dependencies to libgcc_s.so.1

ayoub zaki ayoub_zaki at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 26 07:03:31 UTC 2006

Hi List,

 I have built toolchains for i386/arm/armeb with buildroot,and when trying to compile a simple hello world I'm getting a dependency to libgcc_s.so.1for i386/armeb :

 # i386-linux-readelf -d hello

 Dynamic section at offset 0x538 contains 21 entries:
   Tag        Type                         Name/Value
  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libgcc_s.so.1]
  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.0]

 # armeb-linux-readelf -d hello

 Dynamic section at offset 0x640 contains 21 entries:
   Tag        Type                         Name/Value
  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libgcc_s.so.1]
  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.0]

 form arm no dependecy to libgcc_s

 # arm-linux-readelf -d hello

 Dynamic section at offset 0x5a4 contains 20 entries:
   Tag        Type                         Name/Value
  0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.6]

 Is that a bug in gcc or something else ? and how can I build toolchains without this problem ?

 Thanks,

 Zak

 attached the config I used to build toolchains ( same version of gcc/binutils/.. for the 3 architectures )

 Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.