[Buildroot] Persistent tarball repository

MikeW mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 1 14:23:36 UTC 2006

I found to my annoyance that 'make distclean' clears out your downloaded .tar.gz
files in /dl, which could be a pain if you hadn't realised that (and was, since
there appears to be a problem with ftp.kernel.org so I got the file 'manually')

May I ask if there is a setting to allow these files to be cached somewhere that
'distclean' doesn't clear out ?
Might also be useful on a server in a team environment to ensure everyone
uses the same reference downloads without local duplication and time penalty.

Regards,
MikeW