[Buildroot] Compile errors during buildroot make

Peter Mendham petermendham at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Nov 8 13:57:07 UTC 2006

Dear all,

I am new to buildroot and trying to run it for the first time, I am also
a fairly new linux user so I apologise for any naivety.  I am attempting
to make buildroot for a PowerPC on cygwin (x86 Win XP).  I went with the
default set of options (mostly, I added some things like bash to
BusyBox) in menuconfig and then went on to make.  I don't fully
understand the make process but I will describe the problem as best I
can.  The compile errors occur during the build for uclibc, I *think* in
buildroot/toolchain_build_powerpc/uClibc/utils/Makefile.in when it is
executed by buildroot/toolchain/uClibc/uclibc.mk on line 149.  The
errors are gcc compilation errors when executing the command "gcc
../utils/readelf.c  -o ../utils/readelf.host  -Wl,-s  -O2 -Wall -include
../include/elf.h".  The root cause of the errors seems to be an
inability to include "link.h" which is in the ../include directory, but
there doesn't seem to be -I../include, but then, maybe there doesn't
need to be, I don't know.

I'm not entirely sure what version of buildroot I checked out, but I
checked it out yesterday at about 14:00 GMT.  I suspect I'm not giving
enough information here to be of any use, but I'm not sure what is most
pertinent.  If anyone can help, and needs some more info, please just
let me know and I'll post it.

TIA,

Peter

Peter Mendham
Space Systems Research Group
School of Computing, University of Dundee
Dundee, Scotland, DD1 1HN, UK
e: petermendham at computing.dundee.ac.uk
t: +44 (0)1382 386729
f: +44 (0)1382 388838