[Buildroot] JFFS2 on Dataflash

Ulf Samuelsson ulfs at dof.se
Sat Nov 18 23:50:57 UTC 2006

I am trying to create a JFFS2 file system on a dataflash.

Seems to boot, but I get a lot of output when I boot.

"CLEANMARKER node fouind at <address> has totlen 0xc != normal 0x0"

Google tells me that CLEANMARKERs are stored out of band in NAND flash due to
the extra bytes and "-n" should be used for mkfs.jffs2.

I use the
mkfs.jffs2 -e 0x2100 -s 0x420 -p -l -n -d <myroot> -o <my-file-system>

Anyoone knows if this is the correct way to build the JFFS2 filesystem for dataflash?

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
ulf at atmel.com
GSM:  +46 (706) 22 44 57