[Buildroot] Compling buildroot - problems with libgcc_s.so.1

Hernán Freschi hjf at hjf.com.ar
Fri Oct 6 00:57:24 UTC 2006

Hi folks, I'm trying to build the latest buildroot but I ran into some
problems. To make things easier, I'm just using the stable uClibc and
Busybox (couldn't make it to compile with the latest snapshots).

I succesfully generated an ext2 root, and tried to run it on qemu. It
boots, the kernel loads fine, but then it starts complaining about
missing libgcc_s.so.1.

I mounted that fs and copied libgcc_s.so.1 and it works when I chroot
into it (without copying that file bash fails) but not when I boot it. I
read somewhere that this is related to the development system's gcc
and/or libraries. But I didn't find what I have to do to make it work.
Can somebody help me?

All I changed in the default configuration was to make it work with
stable uclibc/busybox, and enabled a couple of packages.

Thanks in advance,

Hernan