[Buildroot] Building GCC/C++ compilers using Buildroot

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 10:18:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 11:02:00AM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 10:01:56AM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>>>Tried to upgrade my ARM gcc-3.4.6 compiler in buildroot
>>>My host compiler is gcc-4.1.2 running on OpenSuse 10.2.
>>>
>>>First tried gcc-4.2 and latest supported binutils    - Failed
>>
>> The snapshot-date is from sjhill and is outdated. I use the
>> gcc-4_2-branch, c, c++, fortran frontends work fine. If one of those
>> fails, i'm interrested in hearing about it (at least about c and
>> fortran; c++ lacks uClibc++ integration/support so isn't interresting
>> for me and i don't have spare-time to look into it).
>>

>The failure was when building the C++ compiler.
>
>Are you saying that you cannot build a g++ compiler using buildroot and uClibc?

I'm saying that the snapshot-date from gcc-4.2 is one sjhill used at one
point -- or still uses, i don't know= and that gcc-4.2 from the 4_2-branch
-- which i'm using -- can build a c, c++ and fortran frontend just fine.

Furthermore i'm observing that we do not (yet, patches welcome) use
uClibc++ (http://cxx.uclibc.org/ for your convenience) for gcc in
buildroot.