[Buildroot] Buildroot for x86

Rod Boyce buildroot at teamboyce.co.uk
Mon Apr 16 17:59:14 UTC 2007

All,

I have quite new to buildroot but not embedded systems or Linux.
Although I have never use x86 as an embedded target until now.  I can
build a working kernel with the buildroot system but do not seem to be
able to get busybox to finish the system startup unless I build busybox
with my FC5 host compiler.  Can anybody suggest what version of GCC &
binutils I should be using to produce a working busybox execautable for
x86.  Or maybe I'm missing something that I don't need on other processors.

Regards,
Rod Boyce