[Buildroot] Qtopia4 fails building - target stage tries to run target binaries on build machine

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Wed Aug 1 07:45:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 04:41:18PM +0200, Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:

> The Qtopia 4 source is extracted to two different places and compiled
> almost alike. As I see it, one time should be enough.

but it isn't. one reason is the hard coding of paths in the qt
libraries.

there was other reasons aswell but I can't remember all of'em just right
now.

it's been too long time without having to work on it.

> > 2) running qmake and moc for the target
>
> Do buildroot need this? Only if they are to be installed on target and
> the user plans to build QT application on the target.

you need qmake & friends on the host to compile applications for the
target.

if that was the question.

> AFAIK Qtopia 4 is somewhat ready for cross compiling, capable of
> building the tools with HOSTCC and the library with TARGETCC.

somewhat is the word here.

Thomas.