[Buildroot] touch menuconfig

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at anciens.enib.fr
Wed Aug 1 17:39:42 UTC 2007

All,
Ulf,

On Wednesday 01 August 2007 08:24, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> I find it quite useful to have an empty file "menuconfig" in the top directory,
> so I can get command completion when doing
> $ make menuconfig
> Any objections to adding this?

Yep. I'd prefer having a file somewhere in the tree (e.g. in docs/ or a new
tools/ directory) that contains some completion functions for somw shells
(at least bash and zsh come to mind) and that the users could source in theit
startup scripts.

Having a file which sole purpose is help completion would uselessly clutter
the directory, IMRHO.

I once had make-completion working in bash: it would scan the makefile in some
manner and suggest matching options, files or rules depending on the pre-
existing command line (was that in a Mandriva?). I'll try to dig that up and
come back to you later this evening (GMT+2).

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +0/33 662376056 | Software  Designer | \ / CAMPAIGN     |   ^                |
| http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/ | (*_*) | / \ HTML MAIL    |  """  conspiracy.  |