[Buildroot] [buildroot 0001472]: r19050 should be reverted or reworked

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Fri Aug 24 21:28:27 UTC 2007

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=1472
Reported By:                tharvey
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   1472
Category:                   Other
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             08-24-2007 14:28 PDT
Last Modified:              08-24-2007 14:28 PDT
hostap and hostapd are not the same thing.  hostap is the PRISM driver
whereas hostapd is a AP configuration daemon that supports many WiFi
drivers.

r19050 lists the hostapd tarball as the source for the driver which is
incorrect

perhaps http://hostap.epitest.fi/releases/hostap-driver-0.4.9.tar.gz
should be used instead although I really don't use the 'hostap' driver so
I wouldn't know if thats the latest.

I ran into this while I was creating a package for 'hostapd' which
conflicted with hostap as it was incorrectly referring to the same source
package

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
08-24-07 14:28  tharvey        New Issue
08-24-07 14:28  tharvey        Status                   new => assigned
08-24-07 14:28  tharvey        Assigned To               => buildroot