[Buildroot] [Fwd: Re: Struggling with undefined reference to `__fgetc_unlocked']

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at atmel.com
Mon Aug 27 13:48:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 14:33 +0100, Thiago A. Corrêa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Good to see you around, hopefully we will see some patches closing
> the gap between the svn and atmel buildroot :)
>     Actually current SVN is still unable to build qtopia. To be more
> precise, current SVN fails building the toolchain now *sigh*. But
> -r19700 (4 revisions ago) has the exact same problem, and qtopia4.mk
> haven't been touched in the between. The patch I sent last night to
> the list fixes the build. Also, on the AVR32, for some reason make
> install doesn't copy over qatomic_avr32.h. The patch I sent also
> addresses this, perhaps not in the best way possible, but I can't
> figure out how to do it in a qtopia patch as there is no differences
> between the avr32 and the arm as far as qt build system is concerned.
> They are both in the appropriate folder names and .pri files.

I have a patch for the missing qatomic_avr32.h file, I think I posted it
to this list.

Anyway, I have attached it to this email as well.

>     Still on the Qtopia subject, one has to do LIBS -= -ldl in a
> qtopia project to be able to link. Linker complains about undefined
> symbols. This I have been trying to fix since friday with no success,
> so I took the easy path in my project for now, not linking against
> libdl.so

Weird, I did not have to supply that on my workstation and test server.
(From a completely clean Ubuntu installation (without any AVR32 stuff)).

--
With kind regards,
Hans-Christian Egtvedt, Applications Engineer