[Buildroot] Make wants to read local libraries instead of buildroot libraries

Daniel Frey dmfrey+linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 00:48:57 UTC 2007

All,

I have been struggling with resolving dependencies in my buildroot project.
For libraries that have already been pre-configured in the package
directory, I have no issue with.  For something new, libvorbis (requires
libogg), i have modified libogg or xml2 make files, but the linker still
wants to look on the local filesystem version of libogg (usr/lib/libogg.a),
instead of $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib, even when $(TARGET_DIR)/usr/lib appears
ahead of /usr/lib/libogg.a.  ($(TARGET_DIR) is expanded out).  My quess is
that libogg.explicitly defines a file, whereas the $(TARGET_DIR) only
specifies a path, but I could be wrong.

I guess what I am looking for is the best way to construct my makefiles so
that they are always working out of the relative buildroot directories
instead of looking to my local filesystem.  I am including my libvorbis.mk

Thanks for any help.
Dan