[Buildroot] [buildroot 0001779]: Asterisk PBX threading issues when compiled against uClibc on buildroot system (recursive lock test hangs)

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Sun Dec 16 01:44:52 UTC 2007

A NOTE has been added to this issue.
http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=1779
Reported By:                hwstar
Assigned To:                buildroot
Project:                    buildroot
Issue ID:                   1779
Category:                   Architecture Specific
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             12-15-2007 15:02 PST
Last Modified:              12-15-2007 17:44 PST
I created a buildroot system with the development tools installed on the
target.
When compiling the Asterisk PBX on the target system, the function
test_for_thread_safety() which tests for recursive mutexes in main/utils.c
never finishes causing asterisk.ctl to never be created. I attached a code
snippet from utils.c and an strace dump in the "additional information"
box below. It shows that the test thread is being created, and from within
the test thread, the system never returns from the lock right after the
message "Test thread body stated\n".
In the main process code, nothing happens after the the call to
ast_pthread_create().

My uClibc library .config file is also attached as a file.

Are recursive mutex locks an issue in uClibc?

 hwstar - 12-15-07 17:44
I forgot to mention that this is only an issue with asterisk when it is run
as a daemon. Running it in the foreground works as expected. It seems that
running it as a daemon affects the operation of the thread library,
because if I comment out the thread safe test, the code will run until it
executes ast_pthread_create_background then it never returns.

Issue History
Date Modified   Username       Field                    Change
12-15-07 15:02  hwstar         New Issue
12-15-07 15:02  hwstar         Status                   new => assigned
12-15-07 15:02  hwstar         Assigned To               => buildroot
12-15-07 15:02  hwstar         File Added: uClibc.config
12-15-07 15:02  hwstar         Issue Monitored: hwstar
12-15-07 17:44  hwstar         Note Added: 0003179