[Buildroot] submitting a nice patch - quickguide for CVS users [was: Re:..]

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 08:57:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:57:44PM -0800, Doug the RockRat wrote:
>Bernhard,
>If/when I submit patches, what form is most useful for
>you?  If it is svn related, would you dump me a short
>command that I might use? I'm a CVS dog, and just
>haven't had time to see what it might take to move my
>CVS repo to svn.

If you create a new directory or add new files, you have to
$ svn add package/mything
resp.
$ svn add package/existing/newfile

To create a patch that we can apply with patch -p1, do
$ foo=$(basename $(pwd))
$ cd ..
$ svn diff --diff-cmd diff -x -rdup $foo > ~/mypatch.diff
$ mail -a ~/mypatch.diff -s "blah" buildroot at there

or the like, depending on your preferred MUA and svn defaults.

HTH,