[Buildroot] building ARM toolchain with nofpu

Michel Benoit murpme at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 09:26:55 UTC 2007

Hej Ulf

I don't think that the NWFPE stuff is linked into the u-boot code
automatically.  The build instructions in the u-boot tree are very
explicit about using -msoft-float.

When I build u-boot with a buildroot toolchain based on gcc 3.4.3 with
no fpu support the bootloader works as it should.

When I build u-boot with fpu support in the toolchain and I remove the
-msfot-float option according to your suggestion, the bootloader
crashes almost immediately.  It may be related to NAND access but
could also be due to the printouts (printf can use float ops).