[Buildroot] Preferred procedure for submitting patches?

Alex Stewart alex at foogod.com
Fri Feb 16 19:16:49 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 09:30:19AM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> The timely bit could be solved by paying somebody. Ask Erik or whomever
> if you want this. I'm just a volunteer, ultimately, so i'm not going to
> adhere to anybody putting any constraints on me in this respect ;)

Please don't take my message the wrong way.  I wasn't attempting to demand a
timely response ("fix my bugs now! waah!") or anything, I'm quite familiar with
the nature of open source projects sometimes.  I just wanted to make sure I was
sending my submissions to the right place, which it sounds like I have been..

It's just that I was seeing svn commits happening all the time, but they didn't
seem to be related to any of the existing patches I see that have been
submitted through the bug system, so I was wondering if they were coming
through some other channel instead.

(Please also note, I wasn't talking about bug reports that people have to track
down and isolate and figure out a fix for and then code up a solution.  I can
understand that that would take some effort and might not happen at all.  I'm
talking about issues where a patch already exists and has been submitted, and
just needs to be applied to the svn repo.  I've tried to make all of my bug
reports of this form, to minimize the work for maintainers)

As for people not having enough time to handle all of the bugs, I would be
willing to volunteer some of my time to this as well if it would help, but
unfortunately I don't have svn commit access, so when it comes to applying
patches that already exist, I can't help much there...

-alex