[Buildroot] TinyX or fb question

Koenraad lelong buildroot at de-brouwerij.be
Mon Jan 15 21:05:51 UTC 2007

Hi,
My apologies if this is not the right list.
I'm trying to get X running and I'm succeeding partly. When I "modprobe
savagefb" it reports a resolution of 800x600. My LCD has only 640x480. I
tried "Xfbdev -screen 640x480" but this doesn't work, the screen
resolution remains 800x600 I think : the X-cursor is not in the middle
of the screen so I guess it's 800x600.
How can I tell the screen it's only 640x480 ?
Does tinyX have a configuration file ? I tried with /etc/X11/XF86Config,
from the original installation (2.4 kernel).
I'm building with buildroot rev 17172.
Any suggestions are welcome. If it's RTFM, please give some hints were I
could find it, because I find x.org not really helpfull.
Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.