[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot/toolchain/gcc

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Sat Jul 7 11:55:24 UTC 2007

>> # Strip the host binaries
>> ifeq ($(GCC_STRIP_HOST_BINARIES),true)
>>- -strip --strip-all -R .note -R .comment $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/*
>>+ if [ -e $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/*-gccbug ] ; then \
>
> testing for existance doesn't work on all solaris test(1).

What will happen on a Solaris host then if this is found?
Will [ -a <file> ] work?

> What you really want is perhaps something like ifneq $((..$(wildcard..)),)

I believe ifneq is read in stage 1 of the Makefile, so this wont work either, right?
The files will only exist in mid build.

Maybe we should not create "arm-linux-uclibc-gccbug" to begin with...
If we rename "arm-linux-uclibc-gccbug" to "arm-linux-gccbug" right
after the make  and then strip

* "$(REAL_GNU_TARGET_NAME)-*"
* "faked"

we should be OK.

>>+ mkdir -p "$(STAGING_DIR)/tmp" ; \
>
> If by now $(STAGING_DIR) could not be created, then something is
> fundamentally wrong (the -p is superfluous).

$(STAGING_DIR) is OK, but "$(STAGING_DIR)/tmp" could
exist if someone adds this in the future and does not remove it.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson