[Buildroot] missing expat-dirclean target

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Jul 8 13:27:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 03:07:18PM +0200, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> >
> > Looks like stuff is removed both from STAGING_DIR and TARGET_DIR.  Is
> > this the correct behaviour?
>
> I think removing stuff from both staging_dir and target_dir is the way
> to go, yes.

Alright.  I still wish every makefile had a target called called
<something>-uninstall to do that.

> Consider somebody intending to turn off a package. The usual intuitive
> way is IMHO to make foo-clean then reconfigure to remove that package.
>
> I'm open to alternative suggestions, of course.

This is how I wish it was done (looks more intuitive to me):

<something>-clean	does the usual 'make clean' stuff
<something>-dirclean	wipes out the build directory
<something>-uninstall	wipes whatever was installed

--
Cristian