[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: packagetarget/device/Atmel

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Jul 23 09:40:05 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf at atmel.com>
To: "Steven J. Hill" <sjhill at realitydiluted.com>
Cc: <buildroot at uclibc.org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: packagetarget/device/Atmel

> Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>>
>> While it is used for target/device/Atmel files, it is also needed
>> to download binutils/gcc/gdb tarballs for AVR32 architecture support.
>> If it is defined in target/device/Atmel, then it is not defined during
>> the toolchain build. causing this to fail.
>>
> Honestly, I would rather see the directives in each of the toolchain/*/*.mk
> files. The top-level files should be kept clean of architecture/platform
> directives.

It is not "architecture/platform directives", it is a *site* on Internet,
similar to BR2_SOURCEFORGE_MIRROR which
conceivably also can contain the location of a package.

==> Additionaly, ATMEL_MIRROR will (long term) be an alternative site for all packages.
        I can rename it to SOURCE_MIRROR, if that makes you happier...

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson