[Buildroot] package/linux/Makefile.in does not include 'openswan' patches

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Jul 23 15:25:33 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bernhard Fischer" <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com>
To: "Ulf Samuelsson" <ulf at atmel.com>
Cc: "buildroot" <buildroot at uclibc.org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] package/linux/Makefile.in does not include 'openswan' patches

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 04:22:07PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>>On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 03:29:36PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>
>>make: *** No rule to make target
>>`/scratch/obj.i686/buildroot.mine/project_build_i386//linux-2.6.21.5/.patched',
>>needed by
>>`/scratch/obj.i686/buildroot.mine/project_build_i386//linux-2.6.21.5/.configured'.
>>Stop.
>>

>>This is due to this PROJECT thing. Please revert immediately or fix ASAP.
>
> By now i have reverted these incorrect hunks in svn.

You did not fix this, since you assume that the kernel headers and the kernel is the same.
If they are not, the bug is still there, so it is NOT because of the BSP stuff,
and you fixed the symptom, not the cause.
Try setting LINUX26_VERSION to 2.6.22.1 and build with openswan,
and you see what I mean.

>>While i understand that it's possible that one thing or another can
>>break in the course of changes, i ask you to be more careful.
>
> I suggest you
> ifneq ($(PROJECT_BUILD_DIR),)
> fixup_after_ulf=O=$(PROJECT_BUILD_DIR)
> endif
> LINUX26_MAKE_FLAGS+=$(fixup_after_ulf)
>
> but you were about to do the same anyway, weren't you..

No, I want to have two ways of building linux,
until the BSP stuff is fully tested, and then merge into one.
Not fill the single linux makefile with a lot of kludges
which has no long term validity.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson