[Buildroot] config update

Heikki Lindholm holindho at cs.helsinki.fi
Wed Jul 25 05:50:56 UTC 2007

Bernhard Fischer kirjoitti:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 08:27:33PM +0300, Heikki Lindholm wrote:
>
>>Bernhard Fischer kirjoitti:

>>>Can you please be more specific as to how it broke?
>>
>>Well, basically, it was easier to fix than thought, and I posted a patch
>>already:
>>http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2007-July/003659.html
>

> I'm curious if you need the same patch if you make menuconfig with e.g.
> linux-2.6.21.5.

2.6.21* wont' work, but 2.6.22 has fixed the problem with linking. It
also doesn't have the foo.h problem at all.

> If so, then please fix this upstream first. If not then there must be
> something different going on and we need to track that down.
>

>>The two culprits for the breakage are:
>>(1) foo.h includes features.h, which doesn't exist on OS X. Referring to my
>>above patch, this could also be fixed in the Makefile by not including
>>foo.h on OS X, but IMHO that's trickier (uname).
>>(2) The linking was changed so, that ncurses wasn't linked in on OS X
>>anymore
>>
>>BUT I also noted another breakage, which I'm clueless about:
>>http://buildroot.uclibc.org/lists/buildroot/2007-July/003658.html
>>I'm using the same config I was with an older version (for example, rev
>>18688 worked).
>

> Do you have SYSROOT set in your .config?

I think the whole concept was introduced when I wasn't following
buildroot development much. The old config file I used doesn't have any
symbols containing SYSROOT.

> You're using 4.1.2 and there was a reason why i only enabled sysroot for
> gcc >= 4.2.0 (IIRC sjhill changed this, so you're better off to ask him
> why he enabled sysroot support for 4.1.2.. I figure that it worked for
> him else he wouldn't have enabled it. Perhaps it was erroneously enabled,
> i wouldn't know.)

Maybe I'll just give 4.2.0 a shot, if that's the new standard(?)

-- Heikki Lindholm