[Buildroot] Qtopia4 fails building - target stage tries to run target binaries on build machine

Hans-Christian Egtvedt hcegtvedt at atmel.com
Tue Jul 31 12:35:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 08:26 -0400, Allan Clark wrote:
> On 7/31/07, Thomas Lundquist <lists at zelow.no> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:22:03AM +0200, Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:
> > >
> > > As I said, it tries to execute moc, but moc is compiled for the target.
> >
> > Weird.
> >
> > > The problem arises when building the target Qtopia, it tries to use moc
> > > et.al compiled for the target architecture. And when running a
> > > big-endian AVR32 binary on my little-endian x86 laptop, it fails ;)
> >
> > But of course.
> >
> > the weird part is that the makefile was made for compiling qtopia on
> > ARM, which means moc & co was compiled for the right platform(s).
>
> ...but qmake and moc are supposed to run on the build host, not on the
> target.  They are only used during development, not during runtime.

Then why is Qtopia a two stage build? Then only a normal cross-compile
is needed.

I could see the need if a user would like to compile Qt applications on
target, but I guess not many people does that.

--
With kind regards,

Hans-Christian Egtvedt, siv.ing. (M.Sc.)
Applications Engineer - AVR32 System Solutions - Atmel Norway