[Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: target/device target/device/Atmel targe etc...

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Tue Jul 31 23:15:11 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn" <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com>
To: <buildroot at uclibc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] svn commit: trunk/buildroot: target/device target/device/Atmel targe etc...

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>
>> You broke using snapshots.
>>
>> []
>> bzcat /tmp/buildroot_trunk/.down/uClibc-snapshot.tar.bz2 | tar -C /tmp/buildroot_trunk/toolchain_build_i386   -xf -
>> toolchain/patch-kernel.sh /tmp/buildroot_trunk/toolchain_build_i386/uClibc  uClibc.\*.patch
>> Aborting.  'uClibc.*.patch' is not a directory.
>
> Even non-snapshots are broken :(  This seems to be the place where it
> happens:
>
> ,----
> | ifneq ($(BR2_UCLIBC_VERSION_SNAPSHOT),y)
> | toolchain/patch-kernel.sh $(UCLIBC_DIR) $(UCLIBC_PATCH_DIR) uClibc-$(UCLIBC_OFFICIAL_VERSION)-\*.patch
> | else
> | toolchain/patch-kernel.sh $(UCLIBC_DIR) $(UCLIBC_PATCH_DIR) uClibc.\*.patch
> | endif
> `----
>
> Reversing $(UCLIBC_PATCH_DIR) to toolchain/uClibc/ unbreaks it.

I test built an x86 and avr32 toolchain before submitting, but missed out on the snapshot.
Do not see that non-snapshots are broken.    make uclibc-unpacked executes normally on my system.
Pls submit the error message if you really see this.

The problem is that UCLIBC_PATCH_DIR is empty when there is a snapshot.
UCLIBC_PATCH_DIR:=toolchain/uClibc/
will fix that (tested make uclibc-unpacked with and without snapshot right now)

gdb seems to have the same problem.
gcc snapshot should have the PATCH_DIR set already.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson