[Buildroot] Soft float toolchain on ARM

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 08:32:46 UTC 2007

Mike,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 07:55:03AM +0000, MikeW wrote:
>Stuart Wood <stuart.wood at ...> writes:

>> Dave,
>>
>> Our systems are running
>>
>> GCC 3.4.6
>> binutils 2.16.1
>> uClibc 0.9.29
>>
>> My understanding is that soft floating-point is broken in the gcc 4 series.
>>

>But no-one has managed to analyse exactly *where/how* ?
>Could be difficult I know ...

This is nothing one has to analyze, just making it work. I have
repeatedly asked for a kernel .config ¹) that is noMMU and softfloat
that i can use with qemu to check, to no avail. Apparently noone is
interrested in both noMMU nor softfloat and i do have both an mmu and an
fpu. "My lack of caring is deep and profound" as some usually say.

¹) I'm lazy and don't want to experiment with a setup i don't use --
i.e. anything except i386.