[Buildroot] problems building x86_64 target

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 15:56:24 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 12:19:48PM +0200, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 05:31:25PM -0700, kevint wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>Thanks for your tips.  I set --disable-libmudflap in "Additional gcc
>>options", and that got past the error I first came across, but I also
>>had to modify a couple things to get it to compile the rest of the way:
>
>I tried this yesterday and yes, it's broken ATM.
>The includes are pretty messed up, could be that the patch in the thread
>with subject "sysroot support in toolchain, use correct pathes" in the
>archives helps there. This needs proper fixing anyway and this patch
>does make it better (didn't try x86_64, though) but since gcc-3.4
>doesn't have sysroot support, it breaks in many funny ways, of course.
>All vaguely recent gcc -- i.e. the 4.x series onward -- do have proper
>sysroot support and work flawlessly.
>
>I'll have a look at it again.

http://uclibc.org/~aldot/buildroot/buildroot.mine.cow.20070611-1730.diff.bz2

This was tested with sysroot support enabled, gcc-4.2.0. I intend to apply
this once i get a chance to test if building gcc-3.4.6 without sysroot works
as expected.

In the meantime you can use this patch to build a working x86_64 rootfs.

HTH,
Bernhard