[Buildroot] Easy packaging - Makefile.autotools.in with extra make magic

Julien Letessier julien.letessier at technosens.fr
Thu Jun 14 15:08:09 UTC 2007

Hi list,

I've been working on an upgrade to Benjamin's buildroot makefile for
GNU autotools-compliant packages.
Package makefiles themselves can now be even simpler (see example at
end of email). I also addressed a few shortcomings:
- packages aren't re-downloaded at every build.
- packages can have archives with nonstandard names (e.g. "tcl8.4.15")
- human-writable are provided (like "foo-extract", "foo-configure", etc.)
- packages which don't [totally] use the autotools can from this
makefile by overriding some targets.
- autoreconf(1) is supported, e.g. when configure scripts are broken
and  configure.ac's have to be patched
- libtool 'foo.la' files are properly patched once installed in the
staging directory
- the makefile is documented ;)

For the alsa-lib examples, the makefile becomes:

> alsa-lib_VERSION = 1.0.14
> alsa-lib_SITE = ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/lib
> alsa-lib_SOURCE = alsa-lib-$(alsa-lib_VERSION).tar.bz2
> $(eval $(call AUTOTARGETS,alsa-lib))

Attachements:
- autotools2.patch (Makefile.autools.in and replace.sh)
- apr.patch (apache portable runtime package)
- alsa-lib.patch (alsa libraries)

Apply these with "patch -p0"

Benjamin, please give me your opinion about this!

Cheers,
--
Julien Letessier
<julien.letessier at technosens.fr>