[Buildroot] Arm / buildroot / kernel issue: init crashes?

Tom fivemiletom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:10:21 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have built an ARM toolchain via buildroot. I am building my kernel
2.6.21.1 successfully with this toolchain, it boots up OK.

I am compiling a very simple init program (hello world & endless loop)
'arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc -static init.c -o init'. It crashes "init
(1): undefined instruction: pc=00008c60"

Both buildroot and kernel are using EABI. I presume that the headers
2.6.21.1 (my kernel) and 2.6.20.4 (buildroot) are close enough in
respect to system calls.
I tried toolchain and kernel both with and without SOFT_FLOAT(after
reading a thread "Problem with EABI"), but same crash either way. Tried
both generic_arm and ARM920T.

I suspect my options for buildroot / uclibc, but don't know what exactly
to look for, anyone any ideas?

Thanks
Tom