[Buildroot] uClibc's index function

Konstantin Kletschke kletschke at synertronixx.de
Mon Jun 18 07:45:08 UTC 2007

Hi Folks!

I used buildroot to create a arm-linux toolchain with softfloat
succesfully for about half a year now, the uClibc was a 20070206
snapshot. Now I am trying to release a version for our customers based
on 0.9.29 and this toolchain refuses to compile stuff calling an index
function, which worked flawlessly before:

For example:

prog/dump/i2cbusses.ro: In function `print_i2c_busses':
i2cbusses.c:(.text+0x354): undefined reference to `index'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Is the call (and including string.h) deprecated and needs rewrite of
code (I will communicate this to customers then), or  is the error
before the screen here?

I inspected the headerfiles of the toolchain in the inlcude directory
but I found no differences concerning the index function...

Kind regards, Konstantin Kletschke

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF