[Buildroot] ARM EABI builds

Ben Dooks ben at fluff.org
Fri Jun 29 13:53:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 04:57:32PM -0700, Tom wrote:
> Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> >>The problem with buildroot is that it gives you a choice of ARM cpus.
> >>If you select ARM920T, then you have an expectation of being able
> >>to run the binaries produced on an ARM920T, which currently if EABI
> >>is also selected is impossible.
> >>

> >So should we not just make EABI depend on !ARM920T

1) EABI will work fine on ARM920T (and other ARMv4) targets
2) Currently, until other patches, a number of the available gcc choices
   do not currently build a compiler, let alone make it to the application
   stage.
3) The proposed fix in 1406 attempts to ensure that down the road we don't
   fall into this trap again.

--
Ben

Q:      What's a light-year?