[Buildroot] static libgcc_s

Piotr Adam Zolnierczuk pzolnier at indiana.edu
Thu Mar 1 00:48:36 UTC 2007

Thanks Eric
It's a good thought. I will certainly give it a try.

It still, though,  leaves me with two toolchains:
one 'static' for dataflash and u-boot  and a second 'dynamic'  for
kernel and applications (for space considerations)

I am still curious if one could have just one toolchain that rules them
all ... :)

Piotr

Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Wed Feb 28, 2007 at 10:51:02AM -0500, Piotr Adam Zolnierczuk wrote:
>
>> Any ideas how can I "force" buildroot to build a static version of libgcc_s?
>>

> disable BR2_GCC_SHARED_LIBGCC in your buildroot .config
> and rebuild your toolchain.  No more shared libgcc_s...
>
>  -Erik
>
> --
> Erik B. Andersen             http://codepoet-consulting.com/
> --This message was written using 73% post-consumer electrons--

 Piotr Adam Zolnierczuk
 Indiana University                          phone:  (812) 855-3613
 Cyclotron Facility                          fax:    (812) 855-6645
 2401 Milo B Sampson Ln               e-mail:  pzolnier at indiana.edu
 Bloomington,IN 47408, USA   http://www.iucf.indiana.edu/u/pzolnier
                   written on recycled electrons