[Buildroot] target busybox skeleton.

Heikki Lindholm holindho at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Mar 8 12:23:09 UTC 2007

Bernhard Fischer kirjoitti:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 01:14:40PM +0200, Heikki Lindholm wrote:
>
>>Bernhard Fischer kirjoitti:

>>>hmz. And what if i don't have anything in /usr/lib? Wasted dentry.
>>>
>>>What about switching to "install -D" instead, where appropriate?
>>
>>If doing major changes, please consider taking portability issues into
>>account. In this case, "-D" isn't supported on OS X.
>

> It shouldn't be too hard to ship our own working install source an
> compile and use that for the host, but thanks for the hint anyway.
>
> MacOS-BSD already has trouble due to the use of "cp -a", IIRC and i was
> gradually switching those over to cp -dpf like suggested in one
> bug-report.

Getting a bit off-topic here maybe, but I have to comment that your
effort has not been that useful, because such bug report has been wrong:
Mac OS X doesn't support the -d option for cp and thus every cp -dfp is
as dysfunctional as cp -a. Proper way would be cp -RPfp, which, as an
unavoidable side-effect, is also recursive. I also filed a bug report on
this a while ago.

-- Heikki Lindholm