[Buildroot] Problems loading buildroot image to CompactFlash

Christophe Lucas clucas at rotomalug.org
Sat Mar 24 09:06:16 UTC 2007

William Somerset (williamsomerset at gmail.com) wrote:
> I'm probably missing something here since usually, I just have whatever
> flavor of Linux install grub for me but the directions I found on the net
> had me copy over the /boot directory I use currently to the flash card.  I'm
> using Sabayon Linux 3.2 with a 2.6.18-gentoo-r5 kernel.  The kernel was also
> created with genkernel.  This is probably going to be a problem, huh?
>
> Is installing grub as easy and changing the root in the boot prompt and
> doing the correct 'install' line?
>
> I'm trying to target either VIA EPIA boards with x86 CPUs or something like
> PCEngines WRAP or Soekris net4501.

Hi william,

If grub is installed. So you can mount your CF card, un-tar your tarball
in CF-mounted directorty. Then you install grub with something like :

	echo -e 'root (hd0,0)\nsetup (hd0)'|grub --batch

I have done this kind of command, but I don't remember exactly syntax.
man grub is your friend.

Hope this can help you.

Regards,

	- Christophe -