[Buildroot] issue with ldconfig inside build-root

Rod Boyce buildroot at teamboyce.co.uk
Mon May 7 11:07:41 UTC 2007

All,

I have finally figured out my last problem with getting build root to
produce a working i386 root file system.  It seems that when build root
runs the ldconfig command to creates the file /etc/ld.so.cache it is
adding glibc from my linux build system and not ld-uClibc from the
uClibc build system.  This means that my root file system only ran
static executables until I deleted this file or remade it on my target.

I have tried to searching both the Build-root and the uClibc mailing
lists for any reference to this but have been unable to find any mention
of this.  So is this a known issue, am I still doing something wrong or
am I missing something obvious?

Regards,
Rod Boyce