[Buildroot] Trouble building libglib2

Johnny Karlsson Johnny.Karlsson at manodo.se
Thu May 31 07:51:02 UTC 2007

Hi, i'm trying to build libglib2 with buildroot but when I run make I get this error:

checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for _LARGE_FILES value needed for large files... no
checking for pkg-config... /buildroot/buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for perl5... no
checking for perl... perl
checking for indent... no
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for iconv_open... no
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
checking for iconv_open in -liconv... no
configure: error: *** No iconv() implementation found in C library or libiconv
make: *** [/buildroot/buildroot/build_arm/glib-2.12.9/.configured] Error 1

How do I fix this? I'm running ubuntu 7.04 and the trunk version of buildroot.

Best Regards

Johnny Karlsson