[Buildroot] Using pre-built BUILDROOT toolchain as external toolchain.

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Wed Oct 3 07:45:47 UTC 2007

Hi:

Thank you very much for your advice, I'll try. Could you please explain this little trick of yours? You replace bin by usr/bin (bin becomes soft link, pointing to usr/bin). However (at least in my build) usr/bin is almost empty all binaries being in bin:

[leonid at jaipur buildroot]$ ls ../../../arm-gcc-uclibc/usr/bin/
faked  fakeroot
[leonid at jaipur buildroot]$ ls ../../../arm-gcc-uclibc/bin/
arm-linux-addr2line  arm-linux-ldconfig          arm-linux-uclibc-ar         arm-linux-uclibc-ldd
arm-linux-ar         arm-linux-ldd               arm-linux-uclibc-as         arm-linux-uclibc-nm
arm-linux-as         arm-linux-nm                arm-linux-uclibc-cc         arm-linux-uclibc-objcopy
arm-linux-cc         arm-linux-objcopy           arm-linux-uclibc-c++filt    arm-linux-uclibc-objdump
arm-linux-c++filt    arm-linux-objdump           arm-linux-uclibc-cpp        arm-linux-uclibc-ranlib
arm-linux-cpp        arm-linux-ranlib            arm-linux-uclibc-gcc        arm-linux-uclibc-readelf
arm-linux-gcc        arm-linux-readelf           arm-linux-uclibc-gcc-4.1.2  arm-linux-uclibc-size
arm-linux-gcc-4.1.2  arm-linux-size              arm-linux-uclibc-gccbug     arm-linux-uclibc-strings
arm-linux-gccbug     arm-linux-strings           arm-linux-uclibc-gcov       arm-linux-uclibc-strip
arm-linux-gcov       arm-linux-strip             arm-linux-uclibc-ld         makedevs
arm-linux-ld         arm-linux-uclibc-addr2line  arm-linux-uclibc-ldconfig

How this is supposed to work?

Thanks,

Leonid.