[Buildroot] [MIPS] toolchain/gcc/Config.in broken

Elizabeth Oldham beth at the-hug.org
Tue Oct 9 19:42:35 UTC 2007

Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:16:19PM +0100, Elizabeth Oldham wrote:
>

>>The matrix of MIPS ISA and ABIs supported on Linux is:
>>(fixed pitch font time)
>>
>>              o32    n32    n64
>>MIPS I         o
>>MIPS II        o
>>MIPS III       o      o       o
>>MIPS IV        o      o       o
>>MIPS32(r1)     o
>>MIPS32R2       o
>>MIPS64(r1)     o      o       o
>>MIPS64R2       o      o       o
>>
>>(blank is not supported)
> And eabi looks much like n32 with a little adjustments here and there.
> I assume that o64 is supported on any n64 capable target, yes?
> Are there any endianess constraints or is this freely chooseable on all
> ISAs?

I'm not familar with eabi, I've not heard of it with reference to MIPS.
I'd have to ask my more learned colleagues :)
o64 is not supported on Linux, and not going to be AFAIK, but bare-iron
it would be as gcc can generate the code.
Once you have a supported ISA/ABI you can choose your endian with impunity.

Beth