[Buildroot] Writable EXT2 fs on dataflash (using MTD)

Jonathan Nalley buildroot at bluebot.org
Mon Oct 15 14:56:18 UTC 2007

You can make sure that the flash is unlocked by running:

flash_unlock /dev/mtd/x

(Where /dev/mtd/x is the character device corresponding to the mtd in
question).

"flash_unlock" is part of the mtd tools and can be selected under package
selection in the buildroot.

You might have better luck using jffs2 instead of ext2.  The jffs2 file
system is intended for MTD devices, and uses "wear-leveling" to distribute
writes over the entire flash part.

Regards,

Jon Nalley