[Buildroot] Is there an issue with the xml2 installation packaged with BuildRoot?

Brad House brad at mainstreetsoftworks.com
Tue Sep 4 01:09:08 UTC 2007

> I am trying to link against libxml2 when I am building my other
> applications.  I continually get errors that I cannot link against
> libxml.  Could this be a result of how xml2 is installed.  If I look at
> $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/bin/xml2
> -conf, the paths are setup for the local environment ( i.e.
> /usr/lib/...).  and not relative to the $(STAGING_DIR) or
> $(TARGET_DIR).  The same goes for $(STAGING_DIR)/usr/lib/xml2Conf.sh
>
> Output:
> checking for xmlParseFile... no
> configure: error: Unable to link with libxml
>

> Can anyone provide some clarification for me?

Which package are you trying to compile which is failing?
It's probably a problem with that package itself not referencing
the proper path for libxml2, so it tries to use your system's version.
I know PHP with libxml2 support compiles fine against buildroot's
libxml ... and it requires the -config script ...

-Brad